For any player, casino bonuses are one of the things that they look out for in an online casino. These bonuses can be highly lucrative and online casinos use it to entice and invite more players in the casino. Thus, operators try to go as generous as they can to invite more players which is why they must take advantage of it.
With all the online casino offering all sorts of bonuses and promotions, those who are new to online gambling would most likely get confused with all the options. However, some may just not bother searching for the best casino bonuses and would rather decide to spend playing right away.
If you are a player who wants to be sure of everything, we prepared a content for you to read on how you can assess casino bonuses. In this article, we will give you a comprehensive view of the different types of online casino bonuses that you may encounter.
Why do online casinos offer casino bonuses?
Online casino bonuses are an important asset of online casinos. Here are some of the reasons why online casinos offer them:
- To market online casino to target players
- To gain more players
- To increase player retention
- To encourage players to play more games
- To increase profit of the casino
- To allow players to test-drive the casino
- To introduce a new game
- To reward loyal players
Types of Casino Bonuses
Casino bonuses are offered in many forms. Bonuses are usually offered as an incentive for signing up, subscribing, and as a reward for their casino activities. Offering unique bonuses is a good strategy by online casinos since they excite and entice people to spend more and play.
Here are some of the most common bonuses that casinos offer online:
Welcome Bonus/ Sign up Bonus
- An introductory bonus and reward exclusively offered to new sign-ups.
- Usually consist of free spins for specific slot games and casino bonus cash.
- Wagering requirements must be met to claim winnings from using the bonus.
- A common online casino bonus on online casinos.
- Usually divided as per deposit bonus. Casino cash plus additional free spins…e.g
- Given to players after making a deposit during the sign-up period
- Usually comes in packages as part of the Welcome bonus.
- Usually comes in a number of spins and casino cash that players can claim every time they make a deposit on the same period they have signed up.
No Deposit Bonus
- Players awarded with free play without having to make a deposit can avail free spins on pre-selected slot games
- Winnings cannot be withdrawn unless the wagering requirements are met.
High Roller Bonus
- A bonus is given to players who make huge deposits and placing high bets.
- Usually given to VIP players and loyal players
- This bonus is not so common in online casinos.
- A bonus is given to players for reloading after the registration period
- Usually awarded on a timely basis (per month, on specific days, etc.)
- A reward for referring a new sign-up in the casino
- Awards percentage commission from your referral’s winnings in the casino.
- A rare bonus to find in online casinos.
Reviewing an Online Casino Bonus
When checking for online casino bonuses, here are some of the criteria to consider when reviewing and choosing a bonus:
1. Bonus Size
All online casinos offer bonuses, however, how much the casinos offer them matters. Players are usually convinced to avail if the bonus offer is bigger.
2. Wagering Requirements
Considering the wagering requirements of a particular bonus is important to the overall value of the bonus. Most bonuses do not give payouts from the used bonus unless wagering requirements are met. Thus, it is important to avail the bonus which has a reasonable wagering requirement.
3. Terms and Conditions
Aside from the wagering requirements, online casinos also consider some terms and conditions that need to be met to avail the bonus.
4. Availability of the offer
The games that players can play using the bonus credits are quite limited. Look for bonuses that allow you to play on a good selection of games.